any23-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advertising Any23 to Jena
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 03:04:20 GMT
Good Evening,

Andy, can I please state one thing... this scenario clearly
demonstrates why you are (clearly) valuable to the Any23 community...

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
> On 16/11/12 15:40, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> [0] ARP (the RDF/XML parser) is not legacy. There are some other "not
> legacy" parsers:

OK, thank you for making this explicit. I suppose my curiosity here
revolved around where we (as an Any23 community) could/want to get
involved in making Any23 a better framework and potentially a
dependency within the semantic web projects within the ASF.

 however I can't help but see/think that there are areas where we
(Any23 Jena) can find commonality.

> together with a new I/O architecture:

accepted 100%

> which is now ready for migrating into the codebase (after a pause due RDF-WG
> work and non-Apache time).

accepted 110%

> In particular, the parser pipeline is have been heavily tuned to get load
> performance for TDB.  (Long story to do with how Java I/O has hidden costs.)

Jena framework specific?

> PS the Turtle parser is compliant with the latest RDF 1.1 spec and the draft
> RDF 1.1 Turtle test suite.

Do we have these implementations over @Any23?

So I suppose the underlying question/conversation/discussion I was
putting forward concerns where, how and if both projects can benefit?
We both (communities) have tried to have this before... however now as
the Scottish National Football team are non-existent, I really have
nothing to do...

I know this is not a trivial issue... however I hope we are moving in
the right direction.

 Lewis

--
Lewis