ant-user mailing list archives

From Jose M Urena <jose.ur...@verizon.com>
Subject Re: [E] Javac: Command-Line Argument Files
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:01:57 GMT
the following suggestion I have learned for working with Jenkins jobs which
can have very long paths for the workspace

1. if you have permission on your computer/server to create windows shares
and to run from shared drive,
then you could save most of the characters to the left of your path by
using PUSHD

if your current dir is c:\users\yourname\documents\ which is  28 characters
then pushd will reduce it to 3, saving you 25 characters

net share TEMPSHORTPATH=%CD% /grant:%USERNAME%,FULL
pushd \\%COMPUTERNAME%.%USERDNSDOMAIN%\TEMPSHORTPATH
::  call your ant script

ant

:: leave the temp drive, remove it from windows shares
popd
net share /delete TEMPSHORTPATH
:: confirm share was cleaned
net use
net share

2. if the issue is with commands under your c:\program files,  like
c:\program files\oracle\jdk180\bin\javac
you can try using MKLINK to remove spaces and shorten the path
 mkdir c:\dev
 cd c:\dev
 mklink /j jdk "c:\program files\oracle\jdk180"

now you can use c:\dev\jdk\bin\javac which is shorter than  c:\program
files\oracle\jdk180\bin\javac

3. if you can not use PUSHD, mklink can be used to shorten paths but it is
not as short as pushd
mkdir c:\dev
cd c:\dev
mklink /j doc "c:\users\yourname\documents\"