ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test for JUnit version?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 03:57:54 GMT
On 2017-07-06, Roger Whitcomb wrote:

> Hi all,
>                 I just realized I have written some JUnit tests that rely on "assertNotEquals"
that has just appeared "recently" in JUnit (as in, 4.11 and 4.12, but not 4.10).  I'm testing
for the presence of JUnit in the classpath in my "build.xml", but is there a way to test for
the specific version of JUnit?  I see there is a "org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.getVersion()"
method, which presumably could be used, but I'm guessing I'd have to write Javascript in my
"build.xml" in order to test that.
>                 Anyone have a better idea?

You can use a <condition> together with <hasmethod> [1] to directly test
for the presence of assertNotEquals.

Stefan

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/conditions.html#hasmethod