ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: How to set content type in "get" task?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 06:43:03 GMT

I've kept your email in my inbox wanting to see if I could help.

Now that I'm trying - I'm surprised you can't specify the Content-Type.  I
do a fair bit of REST work so I absolutely understand your desire for this
functionality.  I found ant-contrib has a post task but that won't help
you.

Might be worth submitting a feature request or write something in a
scripting language (my go-to is usually Beanshell).  However maybe
Javascript?  Essentially put a script-def in place in your ant script.

There maybe better solutions but I noted nobody responded to date - so
thought I'd give my $0.02.

Probably pretty easy to add this via a script-def...let me know if it
doesn't make sense or you are curious...

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Al Le wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in our ant script, we use the "get" task to fetch some data from the server via HTTP
GET. The server interprets the 'Content-Type' header of the request and delivers the response
in the appropriate format (html/xml/json).

> We'd like to have the result as XML and hence would need to set the content type header
of the HTTP request.

> Is this possible using the standard get task? If yes, how?
>
> I've only found the 'useragent' attribute in the task but no means to set some other
HTTP headers.

> Thanks!
> AL

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare