ant-user mailing list archives

From Al Le <al...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: XSL transformation with Ant: sorting a list
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:00:41 GMT
> If the classpath is not identical, you could get a different transform
> provider.  For example, we use Saxon as our provider, overriding what is
> provided in the runtime library.

Thank you for the hint! I downloaded the latest xalan distribution and
executed the ant script with the "classpath" attribute pointing to xalan.

And it worked! I naively assumed that a modern Java distributions (Java
8) include an xslt processor good enough to carry out this simple
transformation correctly. But it's apparently not the case.

So, when in doubt, specify the xslt processor explicitly and do not rely
on the one contained in the JDK!

Thank you all who has responded! Now the world is half sane again (only
half because JDK contains a flawed xslt processor).