ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WELCOME to user@ant.apache.org
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:55:53 GMT
On 2015-06-15, aalok singhvi wrote:

> When I use execute something  like..

> exec name=cmd
>    Arg= /c
>    Arg=ant path to the batch file under bin
>    Arg=-p
> End exec

> Both exec and delete are in same target. It delete all files except two
> saying that attempts to delete the file when ant jvm has exited and might
> not succeed.

As long as the Ant process that locks the files is running, nothing ill
be able to delete them - not a forked process and not anything else we
can come up with.

There really isn't any solution to this other than "don't make Ant lock
your files until you are ready with your preparations".  When I
suggested forking Ant would be an option, I was thinking about doing the
part that locks the files rather than the one that tries to delete them.

Stefan