ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Pass build failure message to the calling script
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 00:53:53 GMT
build.xml:

<target name="caller">
<!-- pass all properties and pass all references from current environment to callee -->
<ant inheritAll="true" inheritrefs="true" antfile="subbuild.xml" target="callee" output="output.html">
</ant>
</target>
make sure callee target of ant file subbuild.xml writes all its output to output.html

https://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/ant.html

Martin

> From: Al.Le@gmx.de
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Pass build failure message to the calling script
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:31:00 +0100
>
> Hello,
>
> I call Ant (execute a build) from a .bat script (under Windows). If the build fails,
I'd like not only to detect that it failed (this is possible via ERRORLEVEL) but also get
the failure message (at least its first line if the message contains multiple lines).