ant-user mailing list archives

From Jackie Xiao <jackie.x...@ebaotech.com>
Subject RE: [Ant]Read buid.xml file in memory
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 01:54:06 GMT
Hi, Martin

The thing is, we need to enable customers to work with us, but we don’t want to share the
build scripts (I know it’s weird).

So, we want to encrypt the build.xml and give them the encrypted file.

In the build process, we will decrypt build.xml in memory, and if Ant can read the content
from memory, this should work.

Thanks
Best Regards

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com<mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com>>
Date: 2015年2月12日 GMT+08003时52分04秒
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org<mailto:user@ant.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: [Ant]Read buid.xml file in memory
Hi Xiao-

supposedly yes ...if you can get your File to extend apache jackrabbit MemoryFile
https://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/1.5/index.html?org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/mem/MemoryFile.html

I would not rely on any java implementor to guarantee your Java Object will be "in memory"
vs "on disk"
specifically a java object which implements Serializable will save the object to disk by the
serializer..
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/JavaRMI_10/?page=3
(except your objects declared as transient of course)

Did you have a specific requirement in mind for "Memory File" for your build.xml ?

BR,
Martin