ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: <exec> kicking my butt with something very simple
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 18:41:03 GMT
Note that I also tried:

<exec executable="sort" dir=".">
  <arg value="-u"/>
  <arg file="existingFile"/>
  <arg value=">"/>
  <arg file="newFile"/>
</exec>

Which produced:  sort: stat failed: >: No such file or directory

I'm using ant 1.7.1.

Thanks,
Eric

On Friday, December 5, 2014 11:24 AM, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
All,
I've tried all I can figure out to try on a simple unix command in redhat.  I can run the
command line and it works fine, but ant can't run it to save its life:
<exec executable="sort" dir=".">
  <arg value="-u"/>
  <arg value="existingFile"/>
  <arg value=">"/>
  <arg value="newFile"/>
</exec>
I've tried putting all the args together, putting some of the args together...  If I run it
like this, I get "sort: stat failed: >: No such file or directory.  If I put the "existingFile
> newFile" in the same arg, I get "sort: stat failed existingFile > newFile: No such
file or directory.  If I make the executable "bash" and use "sort" as the first argument,
I get:  [exec] /bin/sort: /bin/sort: cannot execute binary file.  If I run it as bash and
put all the arguments into a single arg value, I get: [exec] bash: sort -u existingFile >
newFile: No such file or directory.

This has got to be simple, please help!

Thanks,
Erc