ant-user mailing list archives

From Al Le <al...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: move rename date pattern
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:51:45 GMT
 > In directory $foo$ take file [\d\d\d\d-\d\d-\d\d zzz_today.ico] and
 > rename it to <... something not trivial ...>

If I have to do something which I can't easily do with standard Ant
tasks I use the script task, usually with JavaScript. There, you can do
whatever computations you want and pass the result to the outer script
via project properties. In you case this would be parsing a date
computing (and formatting) another date. The rest (file moving in your
case) is done with the standard ant tasks.