ant-user mailing list archives

From WebServices Development <WebServices_Developm...@csx.com>
Subject How to use a variable value in ANT refid
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 22:08:21 GMT
I am trying to use a value of a variable with path refid in ANT.

I tried different approaches and am getting different errors. Is it possible to use a variable
value for refid?

    <path id="compile.classpath">

        <path refid="shared.lib.classpath" />

        <path refid="ext.classpath" />

        <path refid="common.classpath" />

        <path refid="${ant.refid:seq.1}" />

        <path refid="ear.lib.classpath" />

    </path>

Reference ${ant.refid:seq.1} not found.

OR

    <path id="compile.classpath">

        <path refid="shared.lib.classpath" />

        <path refid="ext.classpath" />

        <path refid="common.classpath" />

        <path refid="${toString:seq.1}" />

        <path refid="ear.lib.classpath" />

    </path>

Unresolvable reference ${toString:seq.1} might be a misuse of property expansion syntax.

OR

    <path id="compile.classpath">

        <path refid="shared.lib.classpath" />

        <path refid="ext.classpath" />

        <path refid="common.classpath" />

        <path refid="${seq.1}" />

        <path refid="ear.lib.classpath" />

    </path>

Reference ${seq.1} not found.

This is how my seq.1 is defined

    <property name="seq.1" value="module.compile.classpath" />

    <echo>seq.1: ${seq.1}</echo>

which displays [echo] seq.1: module.compile.classpath

module.compile.classpath is defined elsewhere

and if I use

 <path id="compile.classpath">

        <path refid="shared.lib.classpath" />

        <path refid="ext.classpath" />

        <path refid="common.classpath" />

        <path refid="module.compile.classpath" />

        <path refid="ear.lib.classpath" />

    </path>

the build works.

So, How can I use a variable for refid to make it work? This way I can change the sequence
prior to defining the compile.classpath and use the appropriate sequence for the build I am
running?

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain CSX privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the intended addressee. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email by anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
immediately delete it and notify sender at the above CSX email address. Sender and CSX accept
no liability for any damage caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.