ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Sarek" <>
Subject StarTeam Label Trouble with Ant
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 22:04:42 GMT

     I'm new to Ant and am working on it for StarTeam build automation. I've scoured the internet
for a similar problem but I was unable to find any, and everyone at my work believe it should
run fine.

My goal is to apply a build label (named "buildLabelPIPAppCVS") to a  directory ("AdvancedAttr")
 and all its subfolders/files on our StarTeam server. This is executed as one of the steps
in the build, and needs to draw information from variables defined earlier in the build (like

Below is the code snippet  I am running:

                <echo message=""/>
                                <echo message="2S. Apply Build Label in StarTeam"/>
                                                <format property="nowstamp" pattern="yyyyMMddHHmmss"
                                <stlabel URL=""
           label= "${buildLabelPIPAppCVS}"
           description="-This description is currently unavailable.-"

However,  when I run the above snippet, the build fails and I receive the error message shown

eploy\antBuildScripts\05_executePIPBuild.xml:104: The following error occurred w
hile executing this line:
eploy\antBuildScripts\10_packageBuild.xml:79: Problem: failed to create task or
type stlabel
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Software Versions:

-          Ant 1.9.4

-          JDK 1.6.0u21

-          Windows XP Prof. SP3

My question then is:

                What could be causing the "Failed to create task or type stlabel" in my code,
and what can I do to fix this problem?

Sarek Lee
IT Intern