ant-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Question about Copy task with empty PatternSet
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 05:26:40 GMT
Well, that basically worked. But I had to put the "exclude" not in the PatternSet itself, but
in the FileSet that referenced the PatternSet, like this:
<FileSet dir=".">
   <PatternSet refid="other-jars"/>
   <exclude name="*" unless="support.abc"/>
</FileSet>

Not totally ideal, maybe, but it does work. I think what you said would work with the incomplete
example I gave, but I also was using the PatternSet sometimes in conjunction with other PatternSets
and the exclude in those cases messed me up (excluded everything when I didn't want to).
But the idea does work in that having both the include and the exclude gives a non-empty file
list always, whether the feature is enabled or not, which avoids the problem of an empty list
implying "copy everything".

So, thank you very much!

~Roger Whitcomb