ant-user mailing list archives

From KM <info...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: determine a list of class files to delete based on java files
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 20:24:53 GMT
Yes, I understand that.  I was entertaining this idea based on a strange build requirement.
I may never use this, but still wanted to know the best way to do it if I decide to go forward
on this.

KM

________________________________
 From: Roedy Green <roedyg@mindprod.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:27 PM
Subject: Re: determine a list of class files to delete based on java files

On 2014-05-12 10:45 AM, KM wrote:

Wasn't officially on the user list yet when I sent this -- so just in case I am resending
it.
KM ________________________________ From: KM mailto:info4km@yahoo.com To: mailto:user@ant.apache.org
mailto:user@ant.apache.org Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:47 AM
Subject: determine a list of class files to delete based on java files Hi All, I need to figure
out a way to get a list of the java files in my structure and then delete the corresponding
class files.   for example if I have 2 java files a/one.java  and b/two.java, I want to
determine that the list is: a/one.java
b/two.java and then delete from my "output" directory:
output/a/one.class
output/b/two.class How can I do it?     I tried to delete all of the class files based
on the list of java files using a mapper but it keeps telling me that delete doesn't support
the nested mapper element. Is there an easy way to do this?
KM
Normally you just arrange your directory structure you you can delete all the class files
in a directory.

With take command you can write a script to delete class files that
    match given java files.  See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/takecommand.html

--
Roedy Green, pronounced RHOdee
click attached vCard (Rolodex icon) for contact details