ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant build from source instructions incorrect?
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:24:16 GMT
Hello Michael,

are you using build.sh ? or build.bat ?

There are two junit jars which are in svn and live under lib/optional. So even without running
fetch.xml they should be around.

I build releases of ant using a script called release.sh which is a wrapper around build.sh
and can give you some clues.

Regards,

Antoine

On Jan 21, 2014, at 6:50 PM, Carlos Araya wrote:

> Is that the only error you're getting? What does the build log say?
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Jan 21, 2014, at 2:52 PM, Michael Durket <durket@highwire.stanford.edu>
wrote:

>> I'm attempting to build Ant 1.9.3 from the source distribution on Redhat Linux 5
using Oracle Java 1.7.0. It seems to build correctly but fails the post-build tests with this
error message:

>> error: package org.junit does not exist.
>>
>> From my research, this seems to be a common issue in general with Ant.
>>
>> Here are the exact directions I followed (from this page http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#buildingant):
>>
>> "As of version 1.7.0 Ant has a hard dependency on JUnit. The fetch.xml build script
will download JUnit automatically, but if you don't use this you must install it manually
into lib/optional (download it from JUnit.org) if you are using a source distribution of Ant."

>> Since I don't have an ant that works with fetch.xml, I went to JUnit.org as indicated
in the instructions and downloaded junit.jar and copied the file to apache-ant-1.9.3/lib/optional.

>> Given that the instructions for building Ant are incorrect, could you please post
the correct instructions to your website so I could build the current version of Ant please?