ant-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Araya <carlos.ar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant build from source instructions incorrect?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:50:03 GMT
Is that the only error you're getting? What does the build log say?

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 2:52 PM, Michael Durket <durket@highwire.stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> I'm attempting to build Ant 1.9.3 from the source distribution on Redhat Linux 5 using
Oracle Java 1.7.0. It seems to build correctly but fails the post-build tests with this error
message:

> error: package org.junit does not exist.
>
> From my research, this seems to be a common issue in general with Ant.
>
> Here are the exact directions I followed (from this page http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#buildingant):
>
> "As of version 1.7.0 Ant has a hard dependency on JUnit. The fetch.xml build script will
download JUnit automatically, but if you don't use this you must install it manually into
lib/optional (download it from JUnit.org) if you are using a source distribution of Ant."

> Since I don't have an ant that works with fetch.xml, I went to JUnit.org as indicated
in the instructions and downloaded junit.jar and copied the file to apache-ant-1.9.3/lib/optional.

> Given that the instructions for building Ant are incorrect, could you please post the
correct instructions to your website so I could build the current version of Ant please?