ant-user mailing list archives

From "McNish, Budd" <bmcn...@HealthPlan.com>
Subject RE: using ant for non build tasks
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:43:01 GMT
I use ant scripts on the Linux servers at my company to do what you describe, plus much more.
 I am still on version  1.7.0 and use the ant contrib library version 0.6 which has some extremely
helpful tasks.

Budd A. McNish
Office:    813-289-1000 ext.2352
Mobile:  813-373-0329

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lybarger [mailto:mlybarger@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:36 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: using ant for non build tasks

hi,

i'm putting together a simple business "flow" process.  some zip files are pulled from a vendor.
 i need a process to do the following, archive the input, unzip the zip files, and execute
some transformation on some of the data.

currently, it's on a windows server, but we have linux servers in our environment too.  i
was thinking of using an ant script to handle/drive most of this execution.  as ant is primarily
using for building (java appliations), does anyone see issues with using ant to drive this
file processing and manipulation?

thoughts/ideas are very welcome!

thanks,
-mark-