ant-user mailing list archives

From Rusi Popov <pop...@mdatools.net>
Subject Re: using ant for non build tasks
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 14:19:17 GMT
Hello,

We use ANT (1.7.0) to automate the whole project's tasks, including
build, package, database upgrade, deployment, code generation. The
latter uses also ModelAnt 2.20 (http://mdatools.net)  extension package.

Use the ANT macros to organize the complex tasks repeated all over your
scripts.

Best regards
Rusi

On 15.1.2014 ?. 15:36 ?., Mark Lybarger wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm putting together a simple business "flow" process.  some zip files are
> pulled from a vendor.  i need a process to do the following, archive the
> input, unzip the zip files, and execute some transformation on some of the
> data.
>
> currently, it's on a windows server, but we have linux servers in our
> environment too.  i was thinking of using an ant script to handle/drive
> most of this execution.  as ant is primarily using for building (java
> appliations), does anyone see issues with using ant to drive this file
> processing and manipulation?
>
> thoughts/ideas are very welcome!
>
> thanks,
> -mark-

and execute some transformation on some of the
data.

currently, it's on a windows server, but we have linux servers in our
environment too.  i was thinking of using an ant script to handle/drive
most of this execution.  as ant is primarily using for building (java
appliations), does anyone see issues with using ant to drive this file
processing and manipulation?

thoughts/ideas are very welcome!

thanks,
-mark-