ant-user mailing list archives

From Earl Hood <earlh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug in <uptodate> task? Directory portion of a srcfile does not exist
Date Sat, 14 Dec 2013 05:33:55 GMT
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 1:55 PM, I wrote:

> When using <uptodate>, if I have a <srcfiles file="..."/>, and the
> dirname portion of the pathname does not exist, uptodate causes a
> project build failure.

Nevermind.  After digging through Ant source and documentation, I
realized one needs to set the erroronmissingdir="false" (available since
Ant 1.7.1) attribute on <srcfiles> (which is a fileset) so an exception
will not be thrown if the directory does not exist.

I'm guessing the reason that erroronmissingdir is not false by default
is for backwards compatibility.

Sorry for the interruption,

--ewh