ant-user mailing list archives

From "David J. B. Hollis" <>
Subject Re: Use of XML Catalog with Ant (xslt task) - request for example
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2013 11:14:18 GMT

Trying to resolve this with ANT might possibly be too late, although I know nothing about
ANT's xmlcatalog.

The point is that Saxon loads a Java classpath defined file, so
it's possible that it has read this before ANT gets started.

So, you might be better off finding the file that Saxon uses, and
editing that directly.

Please check the Saxon documentation. And, yes, I'm making a big assumption that Saxon is
part of the work flow - just a hunch.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who understands ANT xmlcatalog, how it interacts with
other Java components such as Saxon, and the Java classpath.

> I’m trying to get DocBook WebHelp building working, which uses Ant to control the various
processes involved, in particular Xslt.
> I would like to use Catalogs for resolving my XSL stylesheet locations, and have thus
far been unable to make this work.
> I’ve tried to follow Ant’s documentation regarding the <xmlcatalog> element
but I can’t get it to work.  (I am finding the Ant documentation in this area extremely
hard to follow)
> By “can’t get it to work” I mean it doesn’t find the files I’m trying to reference
via the catalog.  It doesn’t show any messages indicating whether or not it is using the
resolver, so I presume it isn’t finding it.