ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Deleting the destfile of a jar/war task
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 18:39:12 GMT
On 2013-08-15, Jason Bastek wrote:

> Normally I would do this by removing the destfile (whether it's a
> symlink or a regular file) before recreating it.  But I'm not seeing a
> nice way to do this with Ant.

There is no built-in way to do it, the dependset approach you showed in
the later part of your message is the best way.

In your case you want to break the symlink when you update the archive,
but I can easily envision people wanting to update the symlinked archive
- so they'd need the current implementation.

We could add yet another option to control the behavior.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message