ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kerry, Richard" <>
Subject XML Catalog for xslt - step by step
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:01:54 GMT

I've changed my build file to pass the xslt task the location of the xsl style file.

I can now see it reading that in the build log.

However, it isn't using my resolver to look up imports.

Please can someone answer the following questions.

1.  I have xml-commons-resolver-1.2, including resolver.jar.

According to Ant's manual "In order to use an external catalog file, the xml-commons resolver
library ("resolver.jar") must be in your path"

What exactly does this mean ?

I've added its location (full path, including "resolver.jar") to my PATH before calling Ant,
and it doesn't appear to be found.  Is that what is meant ?  Is there somewhere I should be
entering it within the build xml file ?

Later on it says " If the xml-commons resolver library is not found in the classpath, ", which
is interesting since two sentences earlier it says "path" (not "classpath").

So does it mean path or classpath ?  And in whichever case is correct can I list my resolver's
location within the build file or do I need to have it listed before I call Ant ?

2.  In the <xmlcatalog> element, do I list the location of my
or my Catalog.xml ?

Catalog.xml is referenced from within, so I'd presume

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer, SI SOL Telco & Media Vertical Practice
T: +44 (0)20 82259063
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
G300, Stadium House, Wood Lane, London, W12 7TA<>

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee;
and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability
cannot be triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a
computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free
and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitte