ant-user mailing list archives

From <jimi.hulleg...@svensktnaringsliv.se>
Subject Sending options to ANT task? Specifically the -q option to make it quiet
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 07:47:50 GMT
Hi all,

I have a build file that in turn calls another build file, using the ANT task (http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/ant.html).
However, I want to make that second build file run in "quiet mode", ie just as if I had triggered
it from a command line with the "-q" option. How can I do that using the ANT task? I fail
to find any documentation on how to send options like this with the ANT task.

I have tried various things using the property tag, with no success, like this:

<ant dir="${otherBuildFolderPath}" inheritAll="false">
                      <target name="clean" />
<target name="ear" />
<property name="-q" value="" />
<property name="" value="-q" />
<property name="quiet" value="true" />
</ant>

I also tried this, but it resulted in an error:

<ant dir="${otherBuildFolderPath}" inheritAll="false">
                      <target name="clean" />
<target name="ear" />
<arg value="-q"/>
</ant>