ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Niemand <michael.niem...@gmail.com>
Subject Malformed \uxxxx encoding in propertyfile task - \u in propertyfile
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:30:47 GMT
Dear Ant-users,

I get the error below with an Ant skript I wrote.

I already did some googling and found out, that the problem lies with
strings containing \u, which happens under Windows because of the directory
separator. I changed all those to / but the error remains.

There are definitely no remaining \u strings in my script.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.

The error occurs when executing the propertyfile task, so I examined the
file I want to change. This on the other hand contains multiple \u strings.
The file has no relation to ant though, it's a borland project file (xml)
which contains one line like [someParameter]=[someValue].

I just want to increase [someValue] by 1.

So my question is:

Can the property file I want to change cause the error mentioned

and if the answer is "yes",

What can I do, *other than* doing it with a regex task (like finding the
line, propertyregex-ing the value, math+1 the value and regex-replacing the
value)

Unfortunately I have no influence on the property file, other than the
mentioned value.


regards,

Michael

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message