ant-user mailing list archives

From WebServices Development <WebServices_Developm...@csx.com>
Subject ANT Custom tasks - difference between using getProject() and "new Project()"
Date Sun, 26 May 2013 14:41:52 GMT
I am trying to create a custom ant task to copy files to a specified location based on some
criteria provided to the task.

I am using ANT's Copy task for my custom task.  I have seen some discussion about using one
of the two - getProject() and "new Project()" but haven't found any discussion on differences
between when to use which of these approaches.  I realise the basic difference is getting
reference to an existing project vs. creating a new reference, but other than that haven't
found any information.

Is there a specific reason to use one vs. the other?

Thank you

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above CSX
email address.  Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.