ant-user mailing list archives

From Morten Sabroe Mortensen <morten.sabroe.morten...@gmail.com>
Subject Anomalous package-info.java
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:05:29 GMT
I am very sorry to see all my "package-info.java" files being stamped with
the "anomalous package-info.java" statement from Ant and have javac
generate a lot of "Creating empty .../package-info.class".

While not being in a OSGi environment and not having annotations on
packages, I do not at all find it "anomalous" to have my JavaDoc
documentation written carefully in package-info.java files.

I have read the Ant manual under javac, last section. What is the rationale
behind forcing the generation of "empty" package-info.class files?

When my javac task generates pages of output about
package-info.class-creation and for no apparent reason, I get really
scared. Contrary to most programmers, I actually care to write JavaDoc and
at the vary least state the intended purpose and responsibility of packages.

To me, the current state of package-info.java-handling does not appear to
be sound at all. Is it sound?

Someone care to comment upon the subject?