ant-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Czekalski <jarekc...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: [SPAM] Java 5 fails to run jar files created with Ant 1.9.0
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:46:18 GMT
Marc, could you take 2 jars, one generated with 1.8.4 and one generated
with 1.9 and expand them to neighbouring directories? Then do diff -r
with them. Possibly expanding with jar command coming from java 5.

I expect either a difference in contents or difference in filenames.

Maybe there are filenames problems, like using non-ascii chars.

Regards
Jarek

W dniu 2013-03-28 01:27, Marc Benstein pisze:
> Howdy,
>
> Java 5 fails to execute jars created with Ant 1.9.0. Java 6 and 7 work
> fine to execute the jar.
>
> The message I am seeing in Java 5 is "Invalid or corrupt jarfile"
>
> I have tried my target JVM of 1.5.0_06 on Windows 7 and Linux and I get
> the same output. I have also tried 1.5.0_22 with the same results.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Marc Benstein
>
> Ultramain Systems, Inc.
> 8100 Lang Avenue NE
> Albuquerque, NM 87109
> USA
>
> TEL 505.828.9000
> FAX 505.823.1841
> www.ultramain.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice: This email message and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email is addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by phone or
email and destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.