ant-user mailing list archives

From mcook144sw <mcook14...@yahoo.com>
Subject sshexec host login task auth fail multiplies
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:42:15 GMT
I am using the following sshexec command to login to a linux server and
verify the users access.

    <sshexec host="${targetServer}"
             username="${userId}"
             password="${userPw}"
             trust="true"
             command="${sudoCommand} whoami"/>

Whenever a user types an incorrect password in our tool, it will fail with a
"com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail" error that will lock them out of
their linux account due to too many failed attempts.  Even though the
sshexec command was only called once.  It seems that this one failed login
is registering as 7 failed attempts on the linux side.  When you type the
correct password it works fine.

I looked in the Apache Ant documentation, but could not find anything on a
way to fix this.  I thought that it may have to do with the jsch.jar
defaults too, but I could not see anything that made sense from that side
either.  Additionally, I looked into a SSH client configuration file as an
option, but the settings available do not seem to apply.

Does anyone know of how one can restrict the number of failed login attempts
to one??  Or another way to fix this??

Thanks,

Mike