ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Was there a change to filelist in later version of Ant?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:18:48 GMT
All,

Forgive me if I should know this :(  For reasons work related, I'm still
back in Ant 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 versions...

I was curious if something changed in Ant 1.8.3 (could have been some
earlier release but someone using my Ant scripts is on 1.8.3) where using
a file list with child file elements is failing when one of the child file
elements refers to a file that is non-existent.

For example:

<copy todir="/tmp/foo">
   <filelist dir="/tmp">
     <file name="alpha.txt"/>
     <file name="beta.txt"/>
   </filelist>
<copy>

It just so happens the second one (beta.xml) doesn't exist.  In 1.7x days,
this worked fine.  If using 1.8.3 or 1.8.4, I am get an error message
stating Warning: Could not find resource file "/tmp/beta.txt"

Yes, contrived example :)  Script is actually much more ;)

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare