ant-user mailing list archives

From Jose Rojas <jro...@redlinesolutions.co>
Subject Packaging ant scripts into a jar
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:00:36 GMT
Hello,

I have an ant build process that I would like bundle into a jar.  Is it
possible for ant to run a build.xml found within a jar file instead of a
file within the local file system?  I know I can script Ant within a custom
Java program to possibly handle some of this, but I also have special hooks
within my custom build.xml that use the 'ant' task to call external ant
scripts for extra customization. It would be nice if Ant could look within
the current classpath/jar to find these, or if not within the
classpath/jar, then look for it within the file system.

Is this architecture possible with Ant?

Thanks for the help.