ant-user mailing list archives

From Rob Seegel <RobSee...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: AW: Packaging ant scripts into a jar
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:23:24 GMT
Hmm... one way you could accomplish this would to be import the build
file as a resource.
Take a look at the Import task docs in the Ant manual - specifically the
section under: "any resource or resource collection." This was added in
Ant 1.8.0.  It seems similar enough to what you're looking to do.

Rob

On 1/18/13 1:34 AM, Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481) wrote:
> If I read the source of Ants main class [1] I would think, that the buildfile must be
a real file on the file system. It cannot be run from the classpath.

> What do you expect from bundling the buildfile in a jar?
>
> A workaround is using a "launcher buildfile" which extracts the content oft he jar (maybe
download the jar before from a repository) and <ant> the downloaded file.

> Viele Grüße
> Jan
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/Main.java

Jose Rojas