ant-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Feskanich <maurice.feskan...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Which javac does ant use in its "javac" task?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 01:56:36 GMT
According to the Ant 1.8.4 docs, wildcards are only supported in the
'location' attribute of a pathelement or a classpath.  Based on this,
your classpath element should be:

<classpath>
   <pathelement location="/home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*"/>
   <pathelement location="/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*"/>
   <pathelement location="/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*"/>
</classpath>

Maury

On 01/15/13 15:38, WebServices Development wrote:
> Sorry, there was a typo on javac call classpath.  It should have been
>
> JAVA_HOME=/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java/bin
> export JAVA_HOME
> JDK_HOME=/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java
> export JDK_HOME
> /opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java/bin/javac -verbose -d /home/ab/antcode/build/classes
-classpath /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*:/home/ab/antcode/build/classes:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*:
-sourcepath /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src -target 1.6 -g:none -source
1.6 /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src/com/xxx/xxxStarter/event/*.java
/home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src/com/xxx/xxxStarter/vo/*.java>  commandline.log
2>&1

> Command line
> -classpath /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*:/home/ab/antcode/build/classes:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*:
>

> Ant
>
> <classpath path="/home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*;/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*;/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*"/>

 I ultimately want to create a classpath from a string, but that is next question, if I can
get this working.  This is the same path I am using in my commandline javac call

>          <!-- Compile Classes -->
>          <target name="compile" depends="init, prepare" description="Compile the classes">
>                  <property name="myclasspath" refid="test.classpath"/>
>                      <echo message="myclasspath= ${myclasspath}"/>
>                  <javac srcdir="${src.paths}"
>                         failonerror="true"
>                         includeantruntime="false"
>                         destdir="${build.dir}/classes"
>                          debug="${javac.debug}"
>                         debuglevel="${javac.debuglevel}"
>                         verbose="true"
>                         memoryMaximumSize="${javac.memoryMaximumSize}"
>                       fork="yes"
>                       executable="/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java/bin/javac"
>                         source="1.6"
>                         target="1.6">
>              <classpath path="/home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*;/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*;/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*"/>
>                  </javac>
>          </target>
>

> Commandline javac call
> JAVA_HOME=/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java/bin
> export JAVA_HOME
> JDK_HOME=/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java
> export JDK_HOME
> /opt/local/software/websphere/v7/java/bin/javac -verbose -d /home/ab/antcode/build/classes
-classpath /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/CSXStarterWeb/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/*:/home/ab/antcode/build/classes:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/lib/*:/opt/local/software/websphere/v7/plugins/*:
-sourcepath /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src -target 1.6 -g:none -source
1.6 /home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src/com/xxx/xxxStarter/event/*.java
/home/ab/antcode/RAD8ProjectsWAS7Server/StarterWeb/src/com/xxx/xxxStarter/vo/*.java>  commandline.log
2>&1

> Thanks for any help you can provide.

say why it is not working for you.  It may be something as simple as using the wildcard in
a way that has ant expanding it rather than it being passed through to javac.

> Maury
>

> On 01/14/13 17:23, WebServices Development wrote:
>> I am using ant 1.8.4.  My JAVA_HOME is set to the location of JDK 7.  I have a set
of classes that use a list of jars from a given library location.

>> When I use command line jdk to do the compile it gives different results from using
ant script to do the compile.  The classpath definition is same in both cases.

>> In the command line execution, it expands the wildcard classpath that is introduced
in JDK 6.

>> In ANT execution, it does not expand the list, so the compile fails.
>>
>>   From what I have read, ANT is supposed to support wildcard classpaths with version
1.8.2 and I am on version 1.8.4.