ant-user mailing list archives

From WebServices Development <WebServices_Developm...@csx.com>
Subject ANT 'javac' task and 'fork' attribute
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:57:12 GMT
While researching when  trying to figure out why I could not use the wildcard classpath for
the javac task- even in ant 1.8.4 ( wildcards are supposed to be allowed since Ant 1.8.2 )-
here is what I have inferred.   Can someone please let me know, if the inference is correct
or am I mis-guided soul here

-       If you use 'fork' attribute in the 'javac' task, it uses javac of the jdk I am running
ant with ( Thanks to Rainer Noack in response to question - Which javac does ant use in its
"javac" task? )
-       If you use 'fork' AND the 'compiler' attribute in the 'javac' task - it uses the compiler
specified by the value of the 'compiler' attribute
-       If you do not use the 'fork' and / or 'compiler' attribute, the compile method from
com.sun.tools.javac.Main gets invoked.  This class is in tools.jar and this is a pre jdk1.6
implementation of the compile and is also deprecated

 So, my questions are
-       Have I understood it correctly ?
-       What would be the replacement for com.sun.tools.javac.Main
-       How can I change the implementation to use the newer class for compile method and
use the changed implementation?  What would be the process I will need to follow?

Thank you

This email transmission and any accompanying attachments may
contain CSX privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the intended addressee.  Any dissemination,
distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents
of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error
please immediately delete it and  notify sender at the above CSX
email address.  Sender and CSX accept no liability for any damage
caused directly or indirectly by receipt of this email.