ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Correct configuration for reading a list into a Java class
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 18:34:54 GMT

it appears that a upstream entity is concatenating 2 folder names (instead of one) into your
dir attribute ${gora.avsc.dir}  so when ${gora.avsc.dir} is referenced during a file readan
IO error occurs duringThe file to be read is expecting an absolutepath constructed of 1 directory
concatenated with 1 individual file
we'll need a way to display the contents of the directory
${gora.avsc.dir}
before ${gora.avsc.dir} is referenced in fileset and consequent uses downstream (e.g. patternset)

so i would advise sprinkling echo statements before each taskdef entity e.g.
<echo>${gora.avsc.dir}</echo>Martin > Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:56:40 +0000

dir attribute is that dir represents a single root folderhttp://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/fileset.html

> I am working with this [0] directory and the two files within, so I
> hope that I am using the correct attribute. Would you been good enough
> to review and comment please?
> >
> > if your goal is to aggregate files from 2 folders from different rootsyou *may*
wish to consider implementing a project based <selector> http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/selectors.html#selectcontainers
cheers,