ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Correct configuration for reading a list into a Java class
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2012 21:02:55 GMT

> From: mgainty@hotmail.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
>with <BR>

it appears that a upstream entity is concatenating 2 folder names (instead of one) into your
dir attribute ${gora.avsc.dir}

so when ${gora.avsc.dir} is referenced during a file read

an IO error occurs

The file to be read is expecting an absolutepath constructed of 1 directory concatenated with
1 individual file

we'll need a way to display the contents of the input directory

${gora.avsc.dir}

before ${gora.avsc.dir} is referenced in fileset and consequent uses of ${gora.avsc.dir} downstream
(e.g. patternset)
so i would advise sprinkling echo statements before each taskdef entity to determine who is
putting in 2 folder names instead of 1 e.g.
<echo>${gora.avsc.dir}</echo>

Martin  Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 17:56:40 +0000

fileset dir attribute is that dir represents a single root folderhttp://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/fileset.html

> > I am working with this [0] directory and the two files within, so I
> > hope that I am using the correct attribute. Would you been good enough
> > to review and comment please?
> > >
> > > if your goal is to aggregate files from 2 folders from different rootsyou *may*
wish to consider implementing a project based <selector> http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/selectors.html#selectcontainers
cheers,