ant-user mailing list archives

From Bob Tarling <bobtarl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:12:04 GMT

Thanks for the replies guys.
My project for this is unfortunately been and gone by now but I'll take a look out of interested
when I can and maybe send on to the team that is supporting.
The Links from Rusi look positive. Is there any howto documentation available with simple
examples?

Regards
Bob

> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:36:22 +0200
> From: popovr@mdatools.net
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I would suggest trying also ModelAnt
> (http://mdatools.net/blog/projects/model-ant/) v. 2.17 - it contains
> ant.doc task (actually macro) and generates documentation of the ANT
> tasks, types, macros, targets in a similar way that JavaDoc does. Yes, I
> admit that the documentation does not look like the one Ant comes with,
> but it seems simpler in understanding. In addition, if documenting a
> task or type that have also Java sources or javadoc documentation, this
> tool includes in the Ant documentation also the documentation of the
> java sources and binds the Ant Doc page with the corresponding javadoc
> page (if one exists).
>
> The documentation of ModelAnt itself is generated by its task ant.doc.
> Please take a look at it at:
> http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
> There review http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
>
> With best regards
> Rusi Popov
>

> On 23.11.2012 ?. 09:13 ?., Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481) wrote:
> > AFAIK there was some work in
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/historical/xdocs/
> >
> > But I dont know any "official" tool.
> >

> > Jan
> >
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

of the standard ant tasks. I wonder if this can be auto-generated in any way in the same way
that JavaDoc creates documentation of Java methods.