ant-user mailing list archives

From MDA Tools <pop...@mdatools.net>
Subject Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 09:42:00 GMT
Hello Bob,

I am in progress of creating how-to documentation, but the ant.doc
documentation itself starts with real scripts of usage of ModelAnt.
Specifically for an example of ant.doc you could find in the source
code's root directory / base.build.xml
(http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/index.html)

With best regards
Rusi

On 25.11.2012 ?. 10:12 ?., Bob Tarling wrote:
> Thanks for the replies guys.
> My project for this is unfortunately been and gone by now but I'll take a look out of
interested when I can and maybe send on to the team that is supporting.
> The Links from Rusi look positive. Is there any howto documentation available with simple
examples?

> Regards
> Bob
>
>> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:36:22 +0200
>> From: popovr@mdatools.net
>> To: user@ant.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT
tasks

>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I would suggest trying also ModelAnt
>> (http://mdatools.net/blog/projects/model-ant/) v. 2.17 - it contains
>> ant.doc task (actually macro) and generates documentation of the ANT
>> tasks, types, macros, targets in a similar way that JavaDoc does. Yes, I
>> admit that the documentation does not look like the one Ant comes with,
>> but it seems simpler in understanding. In addition, if documenting a
>> task or type that have also Java sources or javadoc documentation, this
>> tool includes in the Ant documentation also the documentation of the
>> java sources and binds the Ant Doc page with the corresponding javadoc
>> page (if one exists).
>>
>> The documentation of ModelAnt itself is generated by its task ant.doc.
>> Please take a look at it at:
>> http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
>> There review http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
>>
>> With best regards
>> Rusi Popov
>>

>> On 23.11.2012 ?. 09:13 ?., Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481) wrote:
>>> AFAIK there was some work in
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/historical/xdocs/
>>>
>>> But I dont know any "official" tool.
>>>

>>> Jan
>>>
>>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

documentation of the standard ant tasks. I wonder if this can be auto-generated in any way
in the same way that JavaDoc creates documentation of Java methods.