ant-user mailing list archives

From Grüner Heinrich <gruener.heinr...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:23:01 GMT
Hi,

I spotted your thread lately,
but here is another tool, that builds Ant Task documentation with the
help of JavaDoc.
The resulting Websites look like Ant Documentation and the tool can
operate in multilanguage environments.
https://github.com/gruenerheinrich/antdoclet
Best regards,
gruenerheinrich.

Am 25.11.2012 09:12, schrieb Bob Tarling:
> Thanks for the replies guys.
> My project for this is unfortunately been and gone by now but I'll take a look out of
interested when I can and maybe send on to the team that is supporting.
> The Links from Rusi look positive. Is there any howto documentation available with simple
examples?

> Regards
> Bob
>
>> Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 02:36:22 +0200
>> From: popovr@mdatools.net
>> To: user@ant.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT
tasks

>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I would suggest trying also ModelAnt
>> (http://mdatools.net/blog/projects/model-ant/) v. 2.17 - it contains
>> ant.doc task (actually macro) and generates documentation of the ANT
>> tasks, types, macros, targets in a similar way that JavaDoc does. Yes, I
>> admit that the documentation does not look like the one Ant comes with,
>> but it seems simpler in understanding. In addition, if documenting a
>> task or type that have also Java sources or javadoc documentation, this
>> tool includes in the Ant documentation also the documentation of the
>> java sources and binds the Ant Doc page with the corresponding javadoc
>> page (if one exists).
>>
>> The documentation of ModelAnt itself is generated by its task ant.doc.
>> Please take a look at it at:
>> http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
>> There review http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
>>
>> With best regards
>> Rusi Popov
>>

>> On 23.11.2012 ?. 09:13 ?., Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481) wrote:
>>> AFAIK there was some work in
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/historical/xdocs/
>>>
>>> But I dont know any "official" tool.
>>>

>>> Jan

documentation of the standard ant tasks. I wonder if this can be auto-generated in any way
in the same way that JavaDoc creates documentation of Java methods.