ant-user mailing list archives

From MDA Tools <pop...@mdatools.net>
Subject Re: AW: Is there a JavaDoc style tool for generating docs for custom ANT tasks
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 00:36:22 GMT
Dear colleagues,

I would suggest trying also ModelAnt
(http://mdatools.net/blog/projects/model-ant/) v. 2.17 - it contains
ant.doc task (actually macro) and generates documentation of the ANT
tasks, types, macros, targets in a similar way that JavaDoc does. Yes, I
admit that the documentation does not look like the one Ant comes with,
but it seems simpler in understanding. In addition, if documenting a
task or type that have also Java sources or javadoc documentation, this
tool includes in the Ant documentation also the documentation of the
java sources and binds the Ant Doc page with the corresponding javadoc
page (if one exists).

The documentation of ModelAnt itself is generated by its task ant.doc.
Please take a look at it at:
http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/
There review http://mdatools.net/product/modelant.2.17/docs/antdoc/

With best regards
Rusi Popov

On 23.11.2012 ?. 09:13 ?., Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481) wrote:
> AFAIK there was some work in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/historical/xdocs/
>
> But I dont know any "official" tool.
>

> Jan
>
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

of the standard ant tasks. I wonder if this can be auto-generated in any way in the same way
that JavaDoc creates documentation of Java methods.