ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter West <li...@pbw.id.au>
Subject Re: How to exit ANT after starting a Windows program?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 00:54:30 GMT
Show us the relevant ant code. I'm not sure what your problem is.

Peter West

"And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them."

On 10/10/2012, at 7:08 AM, "Knell, Charles" <cknell@ESNCC.com> wrote:

> I’m using ANT as a general-purpose automation tool. The task I’m working on now extracts
data from an Access database and generates an Excel workbook. My default target shells out
to Excel and loads the workbook my build file has generated.

> While the instance of Excel is open, the ANT script is suspended. Once the workbook has
been opened, I really have no further use for the instance of ANT, and I’d like it to exit
immediately. I have Googled, but either what I’m looking for is buried deep somewhere, or
I’m not asking the question the right way, or I’ve completely missed the point.