ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knell, Charles" <>
Subject How to exit ANT after starting a Windows program?
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 21:08:13 GMT
I'm using ANT as a general-purpose automation tool. The task I'm working on now extracts data
from an Access database and generates an Excel workbook. My default target shells out to Excel
and loads the workbook my build file has generated.

While the instance of Excel is open, the ANT script is suspended. Once the workbook has been
opened, I really have no further use for the instance of ANT, and I'd like it to exit immediately.
I have Googled, but either what I'm looking for is buried deep somewhere, or I'm not asking
the question the right way, or I've completely missed the point.

Is there a nice, clean, safe method for causing the ANT process to close once I've had it
open the Excel file?

Charles Knell
VA Operations Division Project Management Support Office Lead
(703) 412-4384 - Crystal City
(703) 626-2198 - mobile phone