ant-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Araya <>
Subject Re: ANT and HTML Tidy
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 02:10:55 GMT
Try something like this:

<exec executable="tidy">
  <arg line="-asxml c100.html" />

You don't need to run the shell to use TIdy, you can call Tidy directy.

As far as I know, Ant will run the commands from the directory where
the build file is located.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Kevin Kim <> wrote:
> Completely beginner in ANT here, I am trying to run HTML Tidy with the exec command,
and stuck on how to implement this since I am still unfamiliar with the syntax.
> <exec executable="cmd">
>             <arg path="Users\kkim\Desktop" />
>             <arg value="tidy" />
>             <arg value="-asxml" />
>             <arg value="c100.html" />
>      <!--       <arg line="tidy -asxml c100.html" />-->
>         </exec>
> Am I on the right track here at all? I am trying to get Windows cmd to run the command
line "tidy -asxml c100.html." I also need to run this command line from a specific directory
(my desktop), which I tried doing with arg path?
> Thanks,
> Kevin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: