ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Spaulding <mspauldin...@gmail.com>
Subject Linux distribution tasks?
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 00:24:51 GMT
Hi,

I have been working on an Ant project recently where I found that it would
be convenient to know about the Linux distribution I am building on. I
decided to write some Ant tasks that work something like this:

<getdistroname property="distro.name" />
<getdistroversion property="distro.version" />
<echo>You are running ${distro.name} version ${distro.version}</echo>

Is there something similar to this that already exists? I dug through the
Ant source tree and did not find anything that does what I'm looking for.

I suppose I'm asking if this looks like a good idea or if there is a better
way to solve my problem.

Regards,
Matt