ant-user mailing list archives

From Vimil Saju <vimils...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Increase Java heap within xslt task?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 02:02:23 GMT
max heap memory size is a jvm level setting that the xslt task has no control over. The only
way to specify a different heap memory size for the xslt task is to run it in a different
jvm, Running the xslt task by setting the fork attribute to true as you showed in the second
approach is the way to go. What is wrong with this approach?

________________________________
 From: Mark Giffin <m1879@earthlink.net>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:53 PM
Subject: Increase Java heap within xslt task?

How can I increase the memory for the xslt task from within Ant 1.8.4, not with an environment
variable? I am using Saxon by specifying the Saxon jar classpath in this target:

  <target name="commands">
    <xslt in="command-spreadsheet.xml" out="out.xml"
      style="intermed.xsl" force="true">
      <classpath location="${saxon}" />
    </xslt>
  </target>

This transform job crashes with "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" unless I set
ANT_OPTS=-Xmx256m. But I don't want to have to depend on an env variable. Is there a way to
increase JVM heap space within the xslt task? I can run this same transform successfully with
the java task like this, using the maxmemory attribute to increase the heap space:

  <target name="old">
    <java jar="${saxon}" fork="true" failonerror="true" maxmemory="256m">
      <!-- Source file -->
      <arg value="-s:command-spreadsheet.xml"/>
      <!-- XSLT stylesheet -->
      <arg value="-xsl:intermed.xsl"/>
    </java>
  </target>

There is no maxmemory attribute for the xslt task. I would rather use the xslt task if I can.

Thanks,
Mark