ant-user mailing list archives

From Simon Murcott <si...@flaxx.net>
Subject Re: Build directly on machine vs. SSH to machine and start build
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 21:41:54 GMT
I ended up writing a custom ant task to do this. Unfortunately in both *nix and windows you
can't always rely on environment variables. On *nix you need to read the output of /bin/hostname
or on windows read the output of WScript.Network.ComputerName

Regards, Simon

On 8/05/2012, at 8:28 AM, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Nathan, very helpful.  This is at the top of my build file:
>
>   <property name="env.HOSTNAME" value="${env.COMPUTERNAME}"/>
>
> When running with -v, I get this:
>
> [property] Loading Environment env.
> Property "env.COMPUTERNAME" has not been set
>
> And then the code below tries to import a property file that doesn't exist:
>
>   <if>
>     <equals arg1="${env.HOSTNAME}" arg2="buildMachine"/>
>     <then>
>       <import file="properties1.xml" />
>     </then>
>     <else>
>       <import file="properties2.xml" />
>     </else>
>   </if>
>
> Anyone know of a way to make this work from an ssh call?  Seems like it would be fine
because even when I'm running this from a manual login, it's after sshing from my own machine
to this build machine...

> Thanks,
> Eric

by the ant task.  Only one of them fails with no indication as to why it failed.

> I've tried loads of stuff.  I echo just before it hits the ant call and the echo outputs.
 I've retyped the ant line several times without success.  I've changed the order of this
particular ant call and it doesn't matter, it fails when it gets to it.  Here's the code that
crashes:

>       <ant antfile="BuildReports.xml"/>
>
> Not exactly a tough thing to do.  Call the BuildReports.xml file in the current directory...
 Anyone have any idea what this could be or what I could do to debug this?  There is no verbose=true
on the ant task...