ant-user mailing list archives

From Simon Murcott <si...@flaxx.net>
Subject Re: taskdef defined in project or target
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 06:00:42 GMT
Generally speaking, one does not care about the memory usage of Ant unless you're working with
a task that gets repeated a LOT.

Just out of interest, I tried the two scenarios whilst tracing the class loader. Yes in the
case where the taskef is inside a target, the class gets loaded later. But since the initialisation
of that task is done regardless, I cannot see this making a performance difference or memory
difference. That is; unless your task spawns a new thread that is constantly churning.

Regards, Simon