ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen L. De Rudder" <>
Subject RE: ANT Wiki isn't wiki
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:17:41 GMT

To the users that don't get to contribute (modify, create) it seems more like a blog, or a
website of information. How about:- Searchable Listings of Data Recorded - abbrev: SLDR ;-)
SLDR(Stephen L. De Rudder)
 PS: I really thing that Searchable Listing of Data Recorded should be used!!!> From:
> Subject: RE: ANT Wiki isn't wiki
> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:02:31 +0000
> Hi Stefan,
> "Real" wiki's as you have defined would be safe from spam only on an intranet.
> You have suggested renaming wiki's with user permission restrictions to protect against
spam to something else.
> What name would you like to use for them?
> My suggestions:
>  - "Restricted wiki"
>  - "Authorized user editable web pages' - abbreviation: AUEWB
>  - "WWW insulated Knowledge-base Instance" - abbreviation WIKBI
> Or a hyphenated word near-wiki, safe-wiki.
>  I like near-wiki.
> Rob
page. Oh, that also happens to be Ward Cunningham's definition, and he created the first wiki
and defined it that way. Oh, also agrees with my definition.  I realize
that your definition of wiki may be different, and I am not trying to get into a I am right
your wrong (there is plenty of room for different interpretations). In my opinion a wiki should
allow all users to edit and create pages and if it doesn't it shouldn't be called a wiki.
I also understand that it may be a wiki (by my definition) to a select group of people that
could be made available (as a non-wiki) for a larger group of people. To the larger group
of people it should be called something else.  Maybe if enough people research it and come
of with my interpretation of the definition of wiki then maybe consider renaming it (or not).
Regardless it would be nice to have a publicly editable site for contributors like me to contribute
to (besides this mailing list).  SLDR(Stephen L. De Rudder)> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:30:32