ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stephen L. De Rudder" <sld...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ANT Wiki isn't wiki
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:02:21 GMT

First let me apologize to anyone taking the second and third sentences to be anything other
than a lame attempt of sarcastic humor. I tried to indicate that the definition of wiki can
be interpreted different than mine. I don't want to turn this into a flame war. It is a pet
peeve of mine and when I find web sites labeled as a wiki, that are not a wiki (by my definition
of wiki) I tend to point it out. I clearly didn't state enough that this is "IMHO". While
I stand behind my opinion I don't want to be a jerk about it. SLDR(Stephen L. De Rudder) >
From: sldr22@hotmail.com
> To: user@ant.apache.org
> Subject: RE: ANT Wiki isn't wiki
> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:16:16 -0500
>

> By my definition of wiki it should allow all users to edit any page or to create a new
page. Oh, that also happens to be Ward Cunningham's definition, and he created the first wiki
and defined it that way. Oh, merriam-webster.com also agrees with my definition.  I realize
that your definition of wiki may be different, and I am not trying to get into a I am right
your wrong (there is plenty of room for different interpretations). In my opinion a wiki should
allow all users to edit and create pages and if it doesn't it shouldn't be called a wiki.
I also understand that it may be a wiki (by my definition) to a select group of people that
could be made available (as a non-wiki) for a larger group of people. To the larger group
of people it should be called something else.  Maybe if enough people research it and come
of with my interpretation of the definition of wiki then maybe consider renaming it (or not).
Regardless it would be nice to have a publicly editable site for contributors like me to contribute
to (besides this mailing list).  SLDR(Stephen L. De Rudder)> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:30:32
-0400