ant-user mailing list archives

From Lokesh Jain <lokesh.j...@in.fiorano.com>
Subject Re: Incorrect reading of property containing accented chars from build.properties by custom task
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:57:25 GMT
On 4/23/2012 1:53 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2012-04-21, Lokesh Jain wrote:
>
>> But on a CentOS box, the same property is read by the task program
>> along with some junk unicode chars. Consequently, the strings do not
>> match which affects some of the internal logic of the ant task.
> What is "the task programm"?  And how does it read the properties?
> Maybe this one is expecting a different encoding than they have been
> written with?
I apologize for not being clear earlier. The task program refers to the
java class used as the custom ant task. The property file is being read
using Ant's built-in property task. What I meant to say was that the
java custom task class field corresponding to ${APPLICATION_GUID}
property had junk/incorrect chars for its value.

> Does Ant's built-in property task (maybe using a prefix) work?
> Something like
>
> <property file="build.properties" prefix="foo"/>
> <echo>${foo.APPLICATION_GUID}</echo>
I am afraid echoing is also returning the same junk/incorrect chars.
> Stefan

-Lokesh