ant-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Czekalski <jarekc...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: Incorrect reading of property containing accented chars from build.properties by custom task
Date Sat, 21 Apr 2012 08:17:20 GMT
Lokesh,

Maybe you don't comply with the rules java has for property files. These
can be found in java language specifictaion, but also in Properties
class javadoc:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html

QUOTE
the input/output stream is encoded in ISO 8859-1 character encoding.
Characters that cannot be directly represented in this encoding can be
written using Unicode escapes as defined in section 3.3 of The Java^(TM)
Language Specification;

Jarek